Thursday, June 21, 2018

22/06/2018 Goodbye Speech

Good morning everyone, students, and Teachers. I hope everyone will know me now. I would repeat am from Singapore. Today is my last day in school. I hope that what I brought to Chin Hsi was positive and you guys still have a good image of Singapore and Singaporeans :)

Having said that, staying in Taiwan for a total of 5 weeks and 3 days to be exact. 
I think there are good things to be learned from both countries.

Starting with what Singapore can learn from Taiwan. 

Back in Singapore, our recycling habit was quite bad. The trash that could be recycled are lumped together ( plastic, aluminium , paper) . Then we sell to China. End of story.  Unlike Taiwan, the recyclable process is very thorough!

Customer service in taiwan is really good ! 
In Singapore , the customer service in terms of speed and efficiency. You will get most likely ignored after you purchase your product.

Next up, what taiwan can learn from Singapore.

Singapore’s Pedestrian have the right of way. Cars actually slows down went approaching the traffic junction regardless of traffic light colour. It’s quite safe. Unlike Singapore , I Taiwan’s traffic think is quite chaotic . Everyone likes to chiong like they are from initial D.


Short lessons, Back in Singapore comparison. ( 22/06/2017 Conclusion )
studying in Singapore is not as stressful as you guys think. It really Depends on parents. 

I also want to share what I have learnt.

I have also Learnt a lot here. From designing my own lesson to preparing a showcase. I had a lot of help from Lin Chen and Xiu Min and students that assisted me . It will not go so smoothly without you guys.

Am really grateful that I was given opportunities to participate in student events too . Club showcase and graduation.

Especially, Grade 9 graduation ceremony,
I myself is having my (convocation) graduation ceremony soon. So myself have a lot of thoughts during their graduation. I have written it on the blog, if you guys are interested.

Being here brings back the memories when I was in my secondary school.
Back then I wasn’t a good student. Copy homework from others , playing computer games after school , daydreaming in class. Was so bad academically I was only able to go to the worst junior college ( senior high ) in Singapore. 

I choose the technical path instead . Even though the possibility of getting in my university was slim. Luckily, I had a group of friends that wanted to go into the same university that I was aiming for . We pull and helped each other during my polytechnic years hence we all made it into our university. And eventually university graduates.

The message that I want to get across that in life. Set yourself goals that you want to achieve. Set yourself how to achieve it. Surround yourself with like minded individuals and you will be fine. Life is a marathon. If you want to go fast, go alone. If want to go far, go together.


Thank you guys for hearing my thoughts and good luck for your exams! Study hard ! Thank you !

No comments:

Post a Comment