Sunday, June 10, 2018

05/30/2018 Club activities lesson

The very first lesson that I am teaching in Chin Hse Junior High. Honestly, I had a misunderstanding that It will be a lesson about introducing Singapore. But instead, it should be something different from what I will be teaching in class in the following weeks which I was not fully prepared. Luckily, I think turned out fine.

During the first half which I introduced a little about Singapore's school life and answered some of your questions. I hope you guys understood what I was trying to say!


University Life

In my University, some "exceptional student" require some divine help to get good grades for their exams. This picture was taken in one of our school's exam venue.















With the huge amount of people taking the same examination approximated about 200 per topic. Bell curve is used to differentiate the students from getting good or bad grades so that if the questions are too easy or too hard. There is still only a certain percentage of students getting As.



The second half of the lessons consist of playing some games.

The first game played is one of the orientation games played in our university.


The players have to first form a circle. It starts with the first player creating an action then subsequently the next player has to replicate it. The next player also has to additionally create a new move. The game will carry on till a player failed to replicate the set of movements and has to do a forfeit.

The forfeit consist of the following
A body part is called out by the game master
The group of players will recommend where will it be attached to another player's body part.




The second game is a little hard to explain. Basically, the students have to guess a Taiwan attraction.


















Throughout the lessons, I will give out game tokens. The game tokens can be used to buy game cards or save it for later. 

At the end of the lesson, the group with the largest amount of game tokens will receive some snacks from me!


I had a fun time conducting the lesson and hope u guys had fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment